Sunday, December 20, 2009

Going to take some Time

Well, for me this is certainly interesting. Based on my previous blog I thought that I would just go through the Constitution and list out those things that it required of the federal government. That is proving to be more of a challenge than I thought it would be. The first is to realize that it is written in 2 specific sections. The first, which is the opening paragraph, is a goal statement. The second, which is everything else, is a specific “game plan” for achieving those goals. In addition it is important to remember that the Constitution was written in response to the failure of the previous “game plan” called the “Articles of Confederation”.
So in order to understand where we are going it will be helpful to understand where we have been. This will take some time and there will be other blogs in the mean time. Please be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment